Do you want to know a short and automated method to split Outlook PST file into smaller parts? Have you ever tried to perform it manually? If not, then we have come up with two manual tricks to split PST file along with a matchless solution.
Users of Microsoft Outlook are quite familiar behind the reasons to break up large PST files. One of the major reasons is to avoid corruption in files. Therefore, they quite often search for a simple method to divide PST files into smaller parts. Let jump on the solution, without wasting much time.
Different Approaches to Split Oversized PST File
Method 1: Use Archive Feature to Move PST Files
• Firstly, in MS Outlook 2007, choose the PST file
• Now, on File menu you need to click on Archive
• In Archive dialog box, click on the checkbox Archive this folder & all subfolders and then on a desired folder from the available list
• After this, in the drop-down box of Archive items older than, click on date
• Now, click on Browse, to choose a path and the name of the fresh PST file.
• Then, click on OK button
Important Note: The resultant PST file will be displayed as Archive Folders in Mail Folders
Method 2: Use Move to Folder Feature
• First, on the File menu, go to New and then click on Outlook Data File
• In the dialog box of New Outlook Data file, click on Office Outlook Personal Folders File and click on OK
• Choose the path & name of the file
• Now, in Create Microsoft Personal Folders box, put the displayed name of PST file in the given Name box
• Then, click on the items you wish to shift into a new PST file
• Click on Edit menu and then Move to Folder
• In the Move Items box, click on New
• Next, in the dialog box of Create New Folder, put a name for the fresh folder in the Name box
• In Select where to place the folder, you need to click on new PST and click on OK
• Under the dialog box of Move Items, make sure a new PST file is chosen and click on OK
Apart from above two-mentioned manual methods, there is an easy, safe, and quick way.
Split PST Tool: A Globally Accepted Solution
Inevitably, there are manual methods available in the online market, but using a third party tool is more reliable. One such automated solution is PST Split Tool. This is invented to divide oversized PST files into smaller parts. It is helpful to keep the 2 GB PST file corruption. The software comes up with some more features such as:
• Break large Outlook PST File by Date, Folder, Year or Size in an quick manner
• Tool provides the option to divide a new PST file with items contacts, emails, etc.
• There is no limitation to split UNICODE and ANSI PST files using this software
• Compatible with Outlook 2000, 2002, 2007, and all the above editions
Increasing popularity of Microsoft Outlook can be seen all around the globe. Sometimes large PST files may cause some issues in the working of Outlook. This results in the need to split large PST files. Considering this, we have discussed two manual methods along with a trouble free solution to divide PST files. Users can go for any of the methods as per their requirements.